Tell us a bit about yourself
Born in the city (New York), raised at the beach. I’m a 24-year-old, fun-loving, laid-back, outgoing, spontaneous mess of a girl – but somehow everyone seems to think I have it allllll together – and hey, maybe I do! I have my Bachelors of Science in Psychology with a minor in Public Health. Mental health, specifically, is a major part of my life. By day, I work as an Executive Assistant for one of the leading non-profit health systems – spending my time advocating for and aiding the behavioral health population. By night, you can catch me behind the bar of an extremely enthusiastic, hospitable Great American restaurant mixing up your favorite ‘tini. Although I’m constantly extending my personality and lighting up the room when I have the chance, I’d heavily consider myself an extroverted introvert. A lover of introspection, self-reflection, and all the warm fuzzy feelings that come with being on my own and spending my days quietly working on my best self! With that being said, regardless of what I’m doing, I’m always doing it with my family’s future and happiness in mind – I’m a sister of 7 and an aunt of 6 (Two sweet, loving pitty’s included :))…How could they not be at the top of my list? As you can see – my life is jam-packed. Busy. Chaotic. Complex. Thrilling. . . and I wouldn’t miss out on a moment of it for the world.
What are some of your hobbies?
- Traveling – I thank my parents for showing me at a young age how to have an eager wonder and thirst for the world. So far, I’ve visited over 15+ states within the U.S. – including the Puerto Rican territory, traveled to Pakistan, Turkey, Spain, Holland, the Dominican Republic, and the most recent – Canada. 🙂
- Music – I say that so generally, but admit that music encompasses a huge portion of my life and the person I am today. Not a day without a tune, not a live show missed, no lyrics I won’t sing to.
- Being a true, loyal, die-hard foodie. Exploring the yelp page of every city I step foot in, over-ordering every dish on the menu, and dedicating the majority of my social media posts and an entire camera roll (actually true) to the beauty on my plate.
- My most favorite, most anticipated, most dreamt of hobby – Trying new experiences. Whether it’s taking a cruise on the Bosphorus strait, hiking the trails of the El Yunque National Rainforest, skydiving from 14,000 feet up, taking a women’s self-defense class, joining a friend for paint & sip, riding lime scooters around D.C.’s historical sites, or attending baby goat yoga (yeah I said it…BABY GOAT YOGA) – You can count me in.
What are some current interests you have?
I’m currently interested in expressing my creative side. I’m participating in multiple graphic design projects at work, painting in my free time, and practicing my love for make-up artistry. My creative flow has always run wild, but lately I’ve been dabbling into it more than usual.
What are three fun facts about you?
- I became a malaria survivor at the age of 11.
- I have an extremely high tolerance to spicy food (I thank my Pakistani side for this one) – Can I get hot sauce with a side of… *insert food option*?
- I’m the granddaughter of a swimsuit model and a WWII veteran.
What do you love most about yourself?
My sensitive nature – My ability to understand, reason with, connect, and love just about any living creature. I leave an open space for everyone to be comfortable in their most raw state, to feel free from the harshness and burdens of life, to feel supported despite their choices, and to be loved in an honest, trustworthy, non-judgmental regard. So, yes, I’m sensitive…and it has done nothing more than help me grow and, more importantly, help others grow with me.
How would you define your lifestyle right now as a young adult?
If I had to title this drawn out milestone of my life (you read that correctly—experiencing and surviving through your 20’s is a whole milestone LOL) it’d be “Girl with Fire” – I am relishing every moment of my successes, wholeheartedly learning from my mistakes, tackling my fears, being bold, striving for more, working hard and participating in activity-after-activity, multitasking 10 things at once, traveling far to see friends and family, booking trips a year ahead, pampering myself and my loved ones, relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the earth. Overall, I’m staying busy maintaining a composed outward appearance, while crying and shouting on the inside at how incredibly lucky I am to fill my life and my time with anything and everything I possibly can. I’m a girl with lots and lots of fire. My lifestyle as a young adult is nothing I imagined, but everything I’ve learned to appreciate.
What’s your favorite dessert from Filipino Fusion Desserts?
The one-of-a-kind Ube Crinkle Cookies! Never in my life have I tried a purple cookie and never in my life will I live without them again! I can brag for dayyyys about the moist texture, unique taste, and perfectly designed look, but words honestly do no justice.